Frequently Asked Questions about Pediatric Chiropractic Care to Our Dallas Chiropractors
Pediatric patients benefit greatly from chiropractic care! However, many parents are unaware of the ways that chiropractic care can help their children grow to be healthy and strong. At APEX Wellness Center in Dallas, our chiropractors strive to answer commonly asked questions that parents ask about pediatric chiropractic care.
What is pediatric chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care is natural, holistic treatment that aims to improve the overall functioning of the body by improving the performance of the central nervous system. Chiropractic care facilitates communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which can help the body heal, improve coordination, boost the immune system and prevent chronic conditions.
This type of care helps pediatric patients by addressing issues that can negatively affect the health and wellbeing of children. For example, children have less developed immune systems because they are younger and have been exposed to fewer diseases. By improving the functioning of the immune system, chiropractic care puts children at reduced risk for illness.
What techniques do the chiropractors at APEX Wellness Center usually use for pediatric patients?
At APEX Wellness Center, our Dallas chiropractors frequently use techniques such as:
- Spinal manipulation. Spinal manipulation helps restore alignment to the spine and improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Spinal manipulation also eliminates subluxations, the source for many of the problems that occur in patients. By improving the performance of the central nervous system, spinal manipulation makes patients perform better overall.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to help reduce anxiety in the patient and improve the functioning of the various systems of the body.
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises. We teach our patients to do stretches and exercises that can strengthen their muscles, improve their coordination and reduce their risk for injury while engaging in physical activity.
- Nutrition counseling. Childhood obesity is a common problem in the United States. Our nutrition counseling services can help our pediatric patients avoid weight problems and can also ensure that our patients have the strength and energy they need to get throughout the day.
Is pediatric chiropractic care safe for the children in Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, and Richardson?
Pediatric chiropractic care is gentle enough to be used on babies but is strong enough to be effective. Both of our chiropractors are certified in pediatric chiropractic care so that our treatments with pediatric patients are safe and expertly administered to our patients.
Can pediatric chiropractic care treat bed wetting? How?
Bed wetting is often the result of mixed signals between the brain and the rest of the body. At APEX Wellness Center, our Dallas chiropractors treat bed wetting through spinal manipulation. By eliminating subluxations, chiropractic care helps restore the functioning of the central nervous system which enables patients to wake before wetting the bed.
What can pediatric chiropractic care do for allergies and asthma?
Allergies and asthma often occur when the immune system overreacts to allergens and pollens. Spinal manipulation helps regulate these responses, which can reduce or even eliminate the undesirable physical response to allergens and pollens.
What other conditions can the pediatric chiropractors at APEX Wellness Center in Dallas treat?
At APEX Wellness Center, our chiropractors treat the following conditions in toddlers, babies and infants for the Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, and Richardson communities :
- ADHD. We treat ADHD by calming the nervous system and helping children avoid triggers that can lead to distraction and hyperactivity.
- Ear infections. Our adjustments can help facilitate drainage in the ear, thus treating infections and reducing the risk of future infections.
- Sports injury. For children with soft tissue damage from sports activites, we use a combination of spinal adjustment, massage and stretches and exercises to heal the body and help the child avoid future injury.
- Colic. Our chiropractors use gentle, safe chiropractic methods to help babies achieve normal body function, thus reducing symptoms of colic.
- Colds and flu. We use chiropractic techniques like spinal adjustment to help boost pediatric immune systems and fight off cold and flu symptoms.
To find out more about the types of pediatric treatment you can expect from your Dallas chiropractors, contact us at 972-392-9402. Our chiropractic treatment can help reduce your child's pain, improve your child's overall physical health and can even help your child maintain good health and wellness.