Arthritis Treatment at APEX Wellness Center in Dallas, TX
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints. This condition typically worsens with age and it can make day-to-day activities difficult and painful. If you are suffering from arthritis, chiropractic care through APEX Wellness Center in Dallas can help relieve the symptoms of your condition, making life easier.
What Are the Symptoms Of Arthritis?
The symptoms of arthritis can include:
- Pain in the joints
- Joint stiffness
- Swelling in the affected joint
- Decreased range of motion
Who Is At Risk of Developing Arthritis?
While anyone can develop arthritis, there are certain people who are at higher risk of developing the condition.
- Family History: If your parents or siblings have arthritis, you have a greater risk in inheriting it as well.
- Age: The risk of developing arthritis increases with age.
- Gender: Women are more likely to develop osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis than men are.
- Obesity: Carrying extra weight can put excess pressure on your joints. If you are overweight or obese, you are at greater risk of developing arthritis in your spine, hips, and knees.
- Previous Joint Injury: If you have suffered from an injury to one of your joints, you can develop arthritis in that joint.
Arthritis Treatment through Chiropractic Care
Treatment from our chiropractor is safe for long-term use and it is very effective. Dr. Calaway will work to improve the movement of your joints, which can improve your range of motion. She will also work on minimizing your pain and relaxing tight muscles. There are a few treatment options that our chiropractor may use to achieve these goals.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our chiropractor use chiropractic adjustments to help relieve your joint pain and improve your range of motion and overall function.
- Cold Laser Therapy: This procedure involves a laser that doesn't need heat to penetrate deep into the tissue and the joint. This can help in reducing the inflammation in the affected joint area.
- Massage Therapy: Deep tissue massage helps increase blood flow in the injured joint area and provide relief to your pain.
From cold laser therapy to chiropractic adjustments, our chiropractor at APEX Wellness Center in Dallas can help with your arthritis pain. We can perform a complete exam to create an arthritis treatment plan to help you deal with your arthritis symptoms. After your first treatment session, you should start feeling some relief. To schedule an appointment, give our chiropractic center a call today at 972-392-9402.