Pregnancy Nutritional Advice: Eating Right for a Healthy Pregnancy
Eating right can be hard during pregnancy. Many women have to contend with cravings and morning sickness, neither of which is always conducive to eating a healthy and balanced diet. It's incredibly important to eat well when you're pregnant. Your diet during these crucial months will influence your child's health for his or her whole life. At Apex Wellness Center, we offer moms-to-be individualized nutritional advice as well as regular chiropractic care for the healthiest possible pregnancy.
Why Seek Pregnancy Nutritional Advice?
While you're pregnant, your growing baby is completely dependent on you for nutrition. It takes a lot of nutrients, including protein, calcium, folic acid, and iron, to build a strong, healthy baby. If you're not sure whether your diet is as good as it could be, seeking out an expert opinion can put your mind at ease. A few other benefits of receiving professional nutritional advice while pregnant include:
- You'll receive advice on which supplements to take.
- If you have morning sickness, your nutrition coach can create a tailored eating plan around the foods you can stomach best.
- Your nutrition coach will help you make a plan that fits your preferences and eating habits as much as possible.
- Following an eating plan will help you gain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy.
- If you have food allergies or intolerances, your nutrition coach can help ensure you're getting enough of the right nutrients.
Tips for Eating Well While Pregnant
Every pregnant woman has slightly different nutritional needs. However, here are a few general tips for healthy eating during pregnancy.
- Seek out foods that provide lots of nutrition. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, legumes, and nuts are all good choices.
- Limit your intake of "empty" carbs like candy, soda, and white bread. (It's okay to indulge a craving once in a while, though!)
- Avoid raw meat, unpasteurized foods such as processed meats and deli salads, and fish that contain mercury. These foods can contain harmful bacteria, so it's important not to eat them at all while you're pregnant.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are pregnant.
- Keep in mind that you need about 300 additional calories a day during the last six months of your pregnancy.
Visit Our Dallas Office for Personalized Nutritional Guidance
Getting the right care and support during pregnancy is important. At Apex Wellness Center, our chiropractor is certified to provide prenatal care, and our experienced providers help moms-to-be in the Dallas area with chiropractic adjustments, advice on nutrition during pregnancy, and other lifestyle guidance. Learn more about our services or make your first appointment today by calling us at 972-392-9402