Shoulder Pain Relief with Our Chiropractors at APEX Wellness Center in Dallas
shoulder is the most flexible joint in your body. It is also one of
the most commonly used. You need to move your shoulder to get
dressed, brush your hair, reach out to pick something up, and various
other daily activities. Since moving your shoulder properly is
essential in your everyday life, shoulder pain can make life
difficult. Because of this, it is important that you find out what is
causing your shoulder pain so that you can begin treatment
immediately. Our chiropractor at APEX Wellness Center in Dallas can
alleviate your discomfort!
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is also known as deltoid pain, and it is a common problem. The anatomy of the shoulder is very complex; therefore, there are plenty of potential causes of your pain. The best way to determine the cause of your shoulder pain is to zero in on the part of the shoulder that hurts.
Pain in the Outside of the Shoulder
If you have pain on the outside of your shoulder, there are a few potential causes.
- Rotator Cuff Issues: Your shoulder has four rotator cuff muscles, and they are essential in moving your shoulder. There are three common rotator cuff injuries. They include bursitis, tendinitis, and rotator cuff tears. If you are in pain when you reach or throw, this could be your problem. The cause of bursitis and tendinitis are unknown. Rotator cuff injuries occur due to repetitive use or during an accident.
- Frozen Shoulder: A frozen shoulder is often a result of rotator cuff tendinitis. This condition can cause pain and stiffness when you reach behind your back or your head. It also causes a loss in your range of motion.
Pain in Front Of the Shoulder
If you are suffering from pain in front of your shoulder, it is likely related to the bicep tendon.
- Bicep tendinitis: This condition causes gradual pain in the front of the shoulder that moves down the bicep muscle. The pain usually gets worse when you are lifting, carrying something heavy, or when you put your arms over your head.
- Bicep Tendon Rupture: If the bicep tendon ruptures, it is very serious. When this happens, you will hear a “pop” along with pain, swelling and bruising.
Top of the Shoulder
If your pain is in the top of your shoulder, it is likely due to an abnormal acromioclavicular joint (AC).
- AC arthritis: Shoulder arthritis is less common than arthritis in the hips and knees. It is also more painful. If it is very severe, you might need a shoulder replacement.
- AC separation or shoulder separation: This type of injury normally occurs after a fall or an accident. This type of injury can be very painful.
All Over the Shoulder
If you are suffering from a pain that surrounds the entire shoulder, you could be suffering from a dislocated shoulder. This often occurs during an accident, and it is very painful.
Treatment for Shoulder Pain
The treatment for shoulder pain would depend on the injury. The most common treatments include pain medication, anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections, and surgery. A chiropractor can also help with the pain and to improve the range of motion of the shoulder.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you are suffering from shoulder pain, you should schedule an appointment with APEX Wellness Center in Dallas. We can create a treatment plan, and you should start feeling some relief after your first visit. Give us a call at 972-392-9402!